Tuesday, December 18, 2007

tummy troubles

What is the deal with me this fall? I have had more tummy troubles this fall than I think I have in the past few years combined. I was up most of the night running to the potty. ugh!!!

I'm feeling better this morning, but after my banana and toast I'm feeling a little "gurgly". Gotta take it easy I guess!

Life is just busy around here getting ready for the holiday next week. I've been really trying to make good choices while out shopping. I've packed nuts and fruit leathers or raisins and granola bars for the kids. That has made it easier for me to eat some of that stuff or one of my bars. Really having all the kids in tow does make it easier in some ways to stay OP. To buy us all some junky snacks or dinner is expensive. And I can't very well just get some junk for mama and tell the kids to eat their packed snacks.

Feeling rambly so I'll wrap it up. I have been reading my week 1 book again this week. I am really considering going to CORE in january. On maintenance instead of 35 WPA I would have 63 WPA. That's an average of 9/day. That's a lot of non-CORE foods. I may try it for a while. I think it would be pretty easy once I decide to go there. Then I'm sure I'll have some more adjusting of my plan/hunger signals/eating habits to tweak.

What are your thougths on CORE vs. FLEX?

6 comments:

Kate said...

I personally think core would be a little to strict for me, but it does look intriguing. I know Kathy is loving it!

Carolyn said...

Hope you're feeling better soon!
Core is a great idea, I've toyed around with the idea of it before but never made the leap. I really don't know the whole logic behind it. Basically, you can eat what you want from a certain list of foods? I'm lost.

Kathy said...

Skinny Guy switched to Core after reaching his desired weight. I think you would find you eat pretty close to Core anyway and with 9 WPA's a day, you would have a lot of points to play with...I don't even use the 5 I'm allowed because I'm so satisfied with the foods on the Core list.
I think it is wise for people to live with Flex for a while before going to the Core plan...it would prepare someone who was new assess what a normal portion looks like and how to go about counting points. I think it would have been hard for me to jump right on to the Core plan when I first went to WW.

Sarah said...

I tried core after hitting a plateau and it didn't work for me. I dont have enough will power to be unaccountable for what was going in my mouth. It was a good eye opener, however. It reminded me of the things I "should" be ordering when I go out to eat---the grilled lean meats, veggies, etc. I found I got caught up in eating junk when I was ordering out and didn't really realize it.

Caroline said...

Core actually scares the crap out of me, though I'm not sure why. I just know that when I look at my Points Tracker at the end of the day, there aren't that many core foods on there, so I think I'll stick with Flex for awhile. I would definitely love to know how it goes!

Anonymous said...

You can "try out" Core while still on Flex. Just eat foods that are on the Core list, measuring out the portions and counting the points. The foods on that list are going to give you more "bang for the point" as it is, so you'll actually be able to eat more for the same number of points.