Tuesday, May 8, 2007

tuesday weigh in

So I did finally get motivated, throw my walking stuff on and head out for about 20 minutes this morning. It wasn't about the exercise this morning, it was just about doing what I committed to myself that I would do.

I have set some weight loss related goals for May. Now that it's the 8th maybe I should post them? lol

First, I need to remember that I am on a plan to lose weight. WW is easy to follow. It allows for great flexibility. But the goal of these next few weeks isn't to just eat whatever I want. I really do need to "go without" and remember that I'm trying to lose weight and not maintain. That doesn't mean I won't eat healthy foods when I am hungry. That does mean that I won't have low fat frozen yogurt every night "just because" and take it out of my flex points. (I need those flex points for things like crappy chinese food and trips to the burger king drive though!)

Second, I will take a walk the 4 mornings each week that I don't have to go to work. This is why it was so important to me to keep this for myself this morning. One day last week I didn't go in the morning but went at night instead. That wasn't the same for me. I was a little freaked out (still a little afraid of the dark, I guess) and it didn't have the focusing power that a morning walk does.

Third, I tend to eat really fast and not really enjoy my food. Then I want to eat more simply to have more of the experience of eating. I do this way too often. So my goal is to slow down and really taste and enjoy the food as I eat it. And then be satisfied with that and not eat more.

So far in May I have really kept up with this. Well, the third one is hard for me but I am really trying to think about it each time I eat. One goal I thought of but didn't need to implement was unnecessary eating in the car. I do eat breakfast on my way to work and lunch on the way home, but those are typically planned out. It was my habit of old to eat in the car pretty much anytime I was driving. Especially if I was by myself. I would drop the kids at school and then stop at the gas station for a big diet Coke and a big chocolate muffin or cheese danish. If it was afternoon, maybe I would need to drive through somewhere and get a diet Coke and a burger...or some fries....or a cookie...or an ice cream. I still get too many diet Cokes but at least they are unaccompanied 99.9% of the time. Then I feel guilty for getting a bag of pretzels or a Luna Bar. So I realized that my HUGE demon of eating while I drive somewhere just to reward myself for being in the car alone is GONE!!! wow

And today was weigh in. I was utterly shocked when the receptionist told me

I lost 2.2 pounds!!!

I was so surprised. I ate soooo much more than I should have over the weekend. I didn't get nearly enough water yesterday. I was really feeling like maybe I should wait and weigh in later in the week. But I just went and got it over with. I believe that the walking has definitely pushed me along. Now only 14.4 pounds till I start my maintenance with WW. And only 21.4 pounds till my ULTIMATE goal is met. woo-hoo!!!


Breakfast
small banana-1.5
lite bread toasted with SF apricot jam-1

snacks
Luna Lemonzest bar-3
apple-1

Lunch
lean cuisine roasted veggie pizza-6

snack
big ol' salad with lots of free veggies, 1/4 avocado and FF Dorothy Lynch-3
1/3 cup 1% cottage cheese-1

Dinner
fruit salad-1
quesadilla-3
waffles-3
scrambled eggs-1

snack
raspberries with a little nonfat yogurt and some Kashi-2.5

Over a little today, but I'm not going to worry about it at all since I made really good choices. It feels really good to know that I ate well today. I took good care of myself.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Congrats on the loss. That is awesome! Your so close to maintenance, and really close to your personal goal also!

Also, your May goals sound good, and very realistic! Way to go!

Carolyn said...

Yay on your loss! Sometimes a loss just comes out of nowhere...and unfortunately that goes the same for gains.
I think your goals are realistic and definitely achievable! You can do it!
Keep it up!

Unknown said...

congrats on your loss this week! i wasn't so lucky but i know next week will be better... keep up the great work! :o)