Tuesday, November 6, 2007

one of those days

I had to go to a thing this morning that was just a little stressful...and I just feel out of sorts this afternoon. I haven't been drinking my water like I should. And I wanted to just EAT to relieve some stress after my lunch. I thought for a long time aobut what I should binge on. I had some bread and butter...then a piece of chocolate. Totally not good choices...not a good idea.

Do I feel better? A little, but I wish I could forget about making dinner tonight. Unfortunately we had spaghetti last night. So that easy not really cooking meal is done. And we can't afford to go out. So I guess I will be heading into the kitchen soon to start making our dinner. Chicken pot pie is my plan. D just brought home some yummy looking veggies from our farm share, so I'll use some leeks, yukon gold potatoes, carrots and fresh broccli and fresh celery in the filling with the chicken. This recipe just uses thickened chicken stock as the base so it's a lot lower in fat than other versions.

I guess it's time to move on from my emotional eating, go to the kitchen and get on with my life. And I think I should have a drink of water.

9 comments:

Kathy said...

I'm so sorry today was a bummer. Hope things look better after a good meal and some time with the kiddos.
I absolutely love chicken pot pie and yours sounds so good with all those different veggies! I was thinking today that if I had to choose a "treat" that I would save for a once a week "use up the points" blow-out, I would seriously consider a chicken pot pie...or a really good hamburger.

MMalloy said...

mmm...chicken pot pie...I haven't had it in forever and it sounds soooo good!!

Kate said...

It's always a bummer when you feel like you need to eat to relieve stress. Most of us still do it, I know I do. You just have to chalk it up to a bad day, and move on. At least you thought about what you wanted to binge on, and it didn't end up being a whole carton of ice cream, because that would have been me!

As far as the protein powder, I use this stuff called Isopure Zero. It has no carbs, no fat, ect. If you'd like to try some, I can send you a baggie of each flavor (vanilla, cookies and cream, strawberry or chocolate). I have a ton, and there is no way I would use it all! Let me know!

Kate said...

Tag! Your it if you have time to play!

Unknown said...

Hey can I move into your house - that sounds fantastic!! YUMMY!

L said...

i just wrote a comment and it got erased. :(

anyway, i hope today was a better day for you!

The Price's Wife said...

You're a rocking mom... I love that you cook for your family so often... And by the by, binging on bread and butter and a piece of chocolate?! Hullo! The fact that THOSE were your "binges" is a huge NSV... think of what you would have gone after in the old days!!!

anna said...

thats right girl! have some water! i can relate to feeling stressed out and WANTING to be BAD to relieve it. ugh! and i think even skinny girls do that...totally normal! you're doing great!

Carolyn said...

Hope your day got a little brighter! I hate days when you just want to eat and eat and eat. I've never made chicken pot pie but it sounds like it would be good, maybe I should give it a go. Do you have a Chicken Pot Pie for dummies recipe??