Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Tuesday already?

It's been crazy around here the past couple of days. We had a good weekend. It was busy picking up, cleaning up and hanging out with friends. Yesterday was a great one for me. I walked early, went to work, helped kids with homework, made a big dinner, cleaned the kitchen (again!) and watched D carve 3 pumpkins with the kids. This morning I had a nasty headache so I didn't get up to walk. I decided to sleep another hour instead. I will go tomorrow morning even though I have to leave for work by 7. It just means I have to be organized tonight so I don't have much to do in the morning except for get myself ready. Tonight Aleena has a band concert so we have to do dinner quickly and then get out the door for that. Thankfully the school is 2 blocks away so we can push it til the last minute.

So, foodwise how was the weekend? I felt so So SO very motivated after my weigh in. I came home and had my bagel and just 1 bite of a doughnut as I threw the last one in the trash. We were picking up and I was just so crabby with the kids. I decided to go for a walk before we had to get ready to go to our friends'. That was really good for me. I walked the path by our house and ran some. I got in 45 minutes so I felt really good about that. My friend had made pumpkin muffins so she didn't really want pumpkin cookies. She was getting ready to make brownies, too, so there was that. I was kind of worried about how I would do walking into the door to snacky foods. I decided to stop and get a soy chai at Starbucks. Besides then I could say hello to my hubby!

The chai left me with a yuumy sweet taste in my mouth, I felt warm and I really wasn't hungry for a while. It was a splurge at 5 points, but I typically use a lot of flex on the weekends for those kinds of treats. It worked. There were no "snacks" out except for pumpkin chocolate chip muffins and corn bread muffins. I wasn't interested in those thanks to that sweet feeling I already had going on. I did have some chili, but skipped the sour cream and cheese and corn chips. I ate half of Jack E's brownie and some of Emma's ice cream cone, but I didn't get into my flexies too terribly badly.

Sunday I did really well with food choices too. We had friends over for pizza and I made a big ol' salad. I ate a ton of that and just a tiny square of pizza. It disappeared pretty fast so there wasn't much temptaion! My trouble came with Emma's homemade brownies! I had one and then nibbled a little when I was cleaning up. I counted it as 2 brownies. So I dipped into my flexies a little more, but I also overestimated for what I ate, too.

Yesterday I was so hungry in the afternoon. I ate my lunch early at work and then was really hungry in the afternoon while everyone was getting home from school I had some cottage cheese and some other little snacks. I didn't leave myself many points for dinner. But by then I wasn't really hungry! I made a salad for me and ate a little of the other stuff with the family. My trouble came (again!) when everyone was standing around planning their Jack-o-lanterns and eating a cookie or two. Trey and I finished off the last of the brownies!!! That means that I had half of 2 of them. I like the middles and he likes the edges. Not bad considering the munchies I had all afternoon. I drank a TON of water yesterday too. It just felt good to drink it yesterday.

I am trying to focus on the Good Health Guidelines this week. I don't always get enough protein or dairy so I am working on that. I know that maintenance is coming. I keep thinking of how I will be eating in a few more weeks when I am not trying to lose anymore. I know that if it weren't for WW, I would probably quit right now and decide that this was good enough. But since I set out with that goal of 150, I am determined to get there. And I am determined to stay there, too.

I feel like I am kind of rambling now.

Halloween is tomorrow and I am not sure what I will do with the treats. We don't have anything in our "pass out" bowl that is tempting me. But what about the stuff they bring home? I think I will leave myself some points for a treat but then really REALLY consider if I want a treat or not. Is it worth it? I sooooo want to be at my goal this week. I highly doubt it will happen, but I still want to lose 3.6 pounds this week. You know I will be weighing in on this side of naked, don't you?!?! LOL

No comments: