Saturday, January 3, 2009

Momentum

I went back to my regular meeting today. That was interesting. It was interesting in that a few of the same friends were there. One woman who started long after me, but got to goal around the same time. Then she just kept losing and losing. She was still talking about that part of her weight loss. She had gained a little last summer, but...I don't need to bore you with the details. She is just very much the same. She comes with 2 friends who look exactly the same as the last time I went to a meeting in May. hmmmm.

There was the woman who lost 105 pounds. She looks awesome, btw. She is sitting with her friend who is still "just a few pounds from her goal". And there were lots of new (to me) people there as well.

I was pleased that even though I have been away for a very long time, I am just a little over my WW goal range. In fact, I'm only 2.8 pounds from it. Not bad I think. The receptionist who checked me in was pleased that even after being away for so long, I'm really close. Especially after the holidays. It's ironic since I gained this weight last summer. I have happily maintained it for months now. But that's why I went back. I am going to get back down to my personal goal of 152. I know I will just look better in my jeans and feel more confident. Many people won't even notice an 8 pound loss, but it's just for me now.

My leader challenged us to fill a 3 month tracker today. She admitted that in her WW time, both as participant and as leader, she has never filled one. So my goal is to track for the next 3 months. That will help me to stay mindful of what I am eating. And my other goal is to get back to 155 by the end of the month. That means I need to lose 4.8 pounds this month. Totally reasonable I know. Then I will just try to lose my last 3 pounds in the next 2 months. I love that she encourages us to set reasonable and attainable goals. They are so much easier to reach.

I'm going to take a few minutes and read my new materials today. I'm not sure how I feel about the new Momentum plan. I really liked CORE a lot. Then again, I wasn't tracking at all and just keeping a mental note of how much WPA I was using. In some ways, I know it was working since I am up just a little, but I know it's always good to go back to basics. And I've heard there are changes around week 6. Right, TB? So for now, I will do what I know works. I know this works because I have never maintained a weight loss before. I have never lived at a healthy weight. I have learned to find balance in the way I deal with food.

I eat like the skinny girl I am striving to be. At least most of the time.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

You should be so proud to be so close to your ideal weight after all that time! I think your goals for the next three months are totally reasonable...Good Luck!

Carrie said...

Great! 8 pounds is totally doable! I bought a 3 month tracker at my meeting today too and told myself I need to track for the next 90 days then see where I am and go from there - but this next 90 days I am in it full force. That will take me to the week after my 30th birthday and I want to be at goal by my 30th...so here we go!!

carla said...

2.8? you are asgoodasDONE and have worked hard to get here.

I adore your second to last sentence as well.

so perfectly phrased and so short and so powerful----all at once.