Saturday, January 17, 2009

the good and the bad

So while I figure out what I will be eating and feeding my family, I need to take a step back and remind myself that even thought I went back to WW two weeks ago, I have been happily maintaining my weight for over a year now. Sure I'd like to lose a little more, but that will happen in it's time.

I have felt like I need to get moving more. What in the non-WW world we call exercise. I am not a super sedentary person. In fact, from about 3 in the afternoon until dinner I don't sit down unless I am driving someone somewhere. I am up and down stairs all day, toting laundry or whatever. But I know I need to just get out there and walk again. I liked the way my body looked when I was doing that consistently. Even when I was still in the 170's, I liked the firmness that comes from regular walking. I decided to focus my energy there for now. I had 3 walks this week. Sunday afternoon, Tuesday afternoon and this morning. That will be my heath goal for now.

The bad for me? You've heard, "you had me at hello?" Rene Zellwegger said it in Jerry McGuire and Kenny Chesney had a song by that titile. And that fact alone is weird to me since they were married for like 8 months or something.

ANY-way!!! For me it started at the food bank yesterday afternoon when the sweet little woman said, "would you like to take a cake?" When I said yes, I knew I would eat much processed sugar and refined white flour before the day was done. Thankfully it was only a quarter of a sheet cake and I gave the kids hefty slices after dinner. Then I proceeded to eat what was left. Honestly I picked at it because it was a lot of gross frosting and dry cake.

But I knew when I agreed to a cake what my response would be at home. I made the choice then and there. Next time I really need to say no to cake!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

You are so right about that! I make the decision in the store what I will be eating later in the week. If I buy things that I know will tempt me then I'm setting myself up to eat it right then and there!

Kate said...

I so understand what you mean! I often leave the stuff in the store (but I don't have kiddos who want it at home) and I find that it works well, but my willpower has been zero lately, so even the stuff at work has been calling my name....I feel your pain! Hang in there, your doing great!