Thursday, September 20, 2007

this is scary...

I haven't tracked all week!!! You have to know what kind of WW I am to know how scary this is for me. Even on vacation I was tracking...even as each day was deeper and deeper into a flex point deficit. I have gone to weigh in EVERY single week since I signed up for WW. I am a total nerd...try to follow all the rules and do all the right things.

I started tracking on Saturday. Then I had my 3 extra kiddos that afternoon and evening. I had 1.5 slices of cheese pizza for dinner and was going to log it, but didn't get to it. Sunday morning was busy so I didn't write down my bagel...or all the cookies I ate as I was baking them! Then we headed to our farm-share farm for their big harvest festival which is a potluck. They grill burgers for everyone and we bring sides and desserts.

Some potluck things are easy to pass up. There are usually lots of dishes that involved mixes or cream of something soup. Not at this one. These are peope who get an organic farm share each week. They know countless ways to prepare green beans and broccoli and cabbage and potatoes...that don't involve anything from a can or jar. And of course, as we were driving up there, I realized I was STARVING!!!

So I ate whatever and didn't worry about it. I decided those would be my flex points and I'd stay low the rest of the week. I did have this incredible apple cake/torte thing that was amazing...whole wheat flour and all! (I took zucchini oatmeal chocolate chip cookies just so you know that I too am totally into the weird food thing...and yes they had whole wheat flour, too)

The neat thing for me, was that I was able to eat and enjoy it and visit with people, too. I tend to be really weird this way. I like my private binges. It's easy not to over eat at the party, but then when every one is gone I finish off half a cake or something like that. I over ate while I talked to my daughter about how good the food tasted. I'm not sure why, but that seems like a big deal to me.

So why didn't I start tracking Monday morning? The flu, my friends. I didn't feel well Sunday night...and by Monday afternoon I was waaaaaaay worse. I was really sick. Tuesday was a little better, but I really didn't eat much those few days except for reduced fat store brand cheezits.

Yesterday was my first day of normal eating. I took a good lunch with me to work, and had a great snack. I overdid it at dinner a little (which was an awesome recipe I'll share later). But I also did well with my water.

At this point I am just experimenting. I honestly don't want to record every thing I put into my mouth for the rest of my life. I hope at some point to just eat and make healthy choices and maintain a healthy weight. If I start gaining, I will totally jump back in, but I want to get away from the tracking some day so this week has been an experiment to see if I have any self regulating stuff in my head yet or not.

And my size 12 jean capris that I have LIVED in for months and months now are quite saggy today. So we'll see...

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Good luck with your experiment. Don't stop blogging...we'd miss you!

Carolyn said...

I know what you mean. I stopped counting points for almost 4 months and just tried to make healthy choices but when I saw the weight creeping back on I jumped back on the wagon. Sometimes you just need a break from counting, I hear ya!

Unknown said...

i've stopped counting though and though it was nice not having to worry about everything little thing, it DOES keep me accountable... otherwise, all the nibbles here and there add up and i'm back to where i started...

yay on the lose-fitting capris! :o)