Monday, April 7, 2008

just a quick post

Just a quick post this morning to tell you all it was a great weekend. Saturday got a little away from me and I wound up using more of my flex points than I wanted to. Aleena made nachos in the afternoon while she was doing her homework. I helped her with both. :o)

Then I made homemade pizza for dinner that night. I just had one slice since I was feeling a little icky from the chips and cheese. And I had a salad with it. The great thing about CORE is that even if I eat too much in the afternoon like I did, I can still be sensible about the rest of the day and feel OP instead of ending the day with such a huge deficit on my points tracker. I think it really helps me to feel more in control.

Then yesterday was a crazy busy one. I was up before 7 and had a soup in the crock pot for after church. I will totally post that recipe later. It's really just dump a bunch of stuff in the crock pot, but it was all CORE and really satisfying and the whole family loved it. Then I went to the grocery store. I hadn't been in over a week so I totally needed to stock up, but our store has been undergoing a renovation so everything is in a new spot. I wanted to be alone while I tried to navigate my way. That meant 7 am on Sunday morning. Ran home, unloaded groceries, made sure everyone was getting ready for church, got myself ready and we were out the door by 9:30.

We ran home after church and had our soup. I was starving so I had 2 bowls. Then Aleena and I were off to a Jafra party. It was a fun mother daughter thing. We even booked our own party (a mother daughter skin care party) for May 3.

We were finally home just before 5. I helped D do some stuff with his beer. Then I finally was done for the day. It was so nice to plop on the couch at 7:30 last night. I totally wanted some of the leftover pizza that the family was eating though. My salad had been yummy and satisfying (with hard cooked egg and half an avocado with the other veggies!) but I just wanted pizza. I opted for a boca burger with ketchup and mustard instead. Not quite the same, but I made myself be done.

I really wanted to not use any flex points yesterday and I almost made it! I did use 1 for some crushed chips on my soup at lunch, but other that that I ROCK! Because I was running all day, I drank too much diet coke and not enough water. But it felt really good to know that was my only real downfall for the day.

And can I just tell you that my jeans feel so much better when I am not totally squeezing into them!!!

Have a great day!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

You are so COOL! CORE GIRL!!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck on Core and thanks for the good vibes!

TB--Milwaukee said...

You're right about screwing up earlier in the day and with CORE you can still be in control with your dinner and an evening snack if need be. Sometimes with FLEX, I feel that if I screw up earlier in the day, there's no way to fix it.