Thursday, April 3, 2008

chili

It's kind of chilly today and gray and a little rainy. So I decided to make a pot of this for lunch today. Yummy! I'll be topping it with some sour cream. And I might put it over a baked potato even. The recipe calls for a teaspoon of sugar. That part isn't CORE so I just left it out. I figure, what good is ONE teaspoon of sugar going to do in a pot of chili?

This is kind of fun. Then again, I need to get out my first week's book and make sure I am following the rules as I should.

5 comments:

Kathy said...

You will be surprised at how many possibilities there are in the land of CORE!!! Potatoes were one of them for me.

The Price's Wife said...

Did someone say cheap, AND easy? Sounds like a winner to me!!!

TB--Milwaukee said...

I love chili. Should make me a pot to before it warms up here.

d.fine09 said...

I am going to try this. I am always on the lookout for core friendly recipes.

I posted the recipe for the waffles. I don't think that you will miss a thing. So bread like, you will second guess them.

Carolyn said...

Mmm chili...I must make some of that. Thanks for the idea!
I've never thought to put sour cream in it though but that would be sooo good!