Thursday, July 11, 2013

surprises!

I woke up early early this morning.  There were big trucks moving around just after 6:30 this morning in preparation for working on our sewer line on our street all day.  I couldn't get back to sleep and I knew I needed to walk the dog and get a shower before 8 anyway so I just got up.

But I felt gross when I got up.  All bloaty and icky.  I didn't want to go to a meeting and weigh in today.  I decided to just do it anyway.

I had a loss...2 pounds exactly since I weighed in almost 2 weeks ago.  I was happy with that.  I used to go to meetings first thing in the morning.  I wouldn't eat or drink anything.  Just go potty, get dressed and go.  I'm braver now and I actually went to the noon meeting.  I had tons of water and breakfast in me. :)

It was so good to be in that meeting with that leader again.  The last couple times I had gone to a different meeting like I said in an earlier post.  Last time I was there I felt like those people were whiny. "There's all this food I want to eat and I just can't eat it...It's so hard!"  I loved the meeting today!  I can eat whatever I want...I may not be able to eat as much as I want, but no food is off limits.  The other side of that is if I don't change the way I eat, how can I expect to lose weight?  Every day doesn't have to be a starvation diet, but I can't eat a pint of ice cream every night and wonder why my pants don't fit.

After the meeting I met a friend for lunch.  We were talking about life, summer, kids.  Somehow WW came up.  She had just signed up yesterday for the online version.  She did the program long ago and has been back and forth with it in the past.  We are planning to go to the meeting next week together.  I'm looking forward to that.

So now I've changed my weigh in day from Friday to Thursday but I don't know if I want to change how I structure my week.  I think it's OK to have it wacky for now.  My weekly points allowance won't refresh until tomorrow.  I have time to go to the meeting and assess how the week went and plan for the next week all afternoon.

I was hoping to walk the dog again tonight but it's a roaring thunderstorm out right now.  I think I will just enjoy it and curl up with my book before my husband comes home from work.

No comments: