Tuesday, July 16, 2013

donuts and family favorites

Last night I helped my husband make one of his grandmother's recipes.  It was a noodle dough that we made into a dumpling with some cheesy filling.  Then there's a sauce that goes over it made from evaporated milk and sour cream.

Oh, my!  Rich, rich, rich!  I wasn't even sure how to track it so I just estimated.  I tried to not eat too much and I had a smaller lunch to help.  I woke up just feeling gross though anyway.

Then we went for donuts.  It's the local yummy place.  My husband had never been.  It was his day off...so we went after I took the dog on a good 40 minute walk.

Their donuts are really, really yummy.  I had my 2 favorite things and by the time we got home I was not feeling well at all!  Too much sugar or carbs or both without anything else in my body.  I was so nauseous and just felt so tired.  I wanted to go back to bed!

I finally had a string cheese for lunch and that helped me to feel better.  That's actually all I had for lunch, too.  Tonight we made turkey burgers.  They were loaded with cheese so even though they were low fat to begin with, we bumped up the fat content.

I'm feeling so discouraged with my weight loss today.  Probably because I got on the scale this morning and it was high.  I know there are those who don't think you should weigh every day.  But I feel like it helps me.  Then again, I used to weigh myself a dozen times a day so only doing it once in the morning is a big improvement.

At this point, I'm just trying to follow the plan that I know will work and do my best every day.

No comments: