Tuesday, August 12, 2008

icky numbers

Before I complain about what the scale said yesterday morning, let me clarify that I know I have earned it. And let me also remember that there were many YEARS I would have LOVED to have seen this number. And I know I have some blog friends who would also be thrilled to see this number.

163.8

Not a number I am comfortable with at all anymore. Yesterday I did much better with keeping stuff out of my mouth. I am just not tracking....eating whatever I want...and wondering why I feel lousy half the time!

So here I am again, back to trying to do better. I did have that magic loss of over a pound today which makes me think that part of my scale trouble was water weight or whatever. But I know that I feel like a fat girl when I eat like a fat girl. I hate that.

4 comments:

WWSuzi said...

You know how and i know you can do it!!
I'm with you on feeling like a fat girl when you eat too much.Honestly my stomach rebels something aweful and i get bloated and just plain yucky. Sometimes we just have to remind ourselves what we feel like after we eat these things, when we're in the middle of eating them. I don't know about you but my mind conveniently forgets about that :)

Terri Steffes said...

I am feeling so good today that I want to pass on my feel good vibes to you. My 1/2 day of success feels so much better than the food I eating. I am sure that is true with you. I love what you said about mindless munching. Such a great way of describing it. Get your hands busy so that you will not be able to eat. Evaluate what you are feeling and deal with that instead of covering it up with food. I am such an emotional eater and I never understood or knew it until now.

You have been successful before and I know you can be again!

The Price's Wife said...

We're still a work in progress, huh! I'm with you... still figuring out my body!

Terri Steffes said...

Checking in with you... I know that not posting might mean that you are not doing well.. so just wanted you to know that I noticed that you haven't posted lately...