Tuesday, August 26, 2008

day 2

yesterday was a good day. I did have some cravings for chocolate, but I just waited for it to pass. Funny how that is, isn't it? I have impulsively indulged a craving and then felt guilty. Now I am realizing that often times those cravings will pass. The snickers only looks amazing while I am looking at it. If I don't buy one and go home and put the groceries away, I totally forget all about it. The other day at the store I almost bought a ton of ice cream "for the kids". But I didn't because I knew it would tempt me. Later I really wanted that ice cream, but it wasn't here so I had to do without. And I lived til morning if you can believe it!

Sorry about that tangent! :o)

I decided to go with CORE. I like that I can't justify a few bad choices that lead to a binge. For me, it's baking. I have baked a LOT this summer. It's been so easy to eat more than I should because it's healthier foods...fresh flour, veggies in the bread or muffins, natural sweeteners. But half a loaf of zucchini bread is NEVER OK. And I realized that I was eating my baked stuff instead of fruits and veggies for snacks. Like yesterday when I had to remind myself to eat lunch. It would have been easy to eat a piece or two of zucchini bread, but instead I had a salad with cucumbers and peppers and tomatoes and a little turkey and some FF salad dressing. I really liked that salad. And it didn't lead to overeating later.

More rambling. Suffice it to say that I am back on day 2 of eating CORE and tracking it all.

How is your day?

4 comments:

Kate said...

yesterday was less than stellar for me, but I salvaged what was left of it, and by the end of the day, I felt like it didn't go as bad.

Today, I'm eating light to make up for yesterday, and it's going well. I've avoiding the lunchroom here at work because there are some terribly yummy looking banana blueberry muffins.

Kathy said...

I'm really bad about going straight from seeing it to having to have it! Television can be a killer!

WWSuzi said...

This week so far has been good! Like you i decided to have some fruit and veggies for lunch and i love when i put a pile of things in for a salad it makes it so much better than plain salad ;)
So glad you're back on plan this week.
I've always wondered about core but never tried it. I look forward to seeing how you like it.

Chellie has Issues said...

I'm glad you're back. I feel like a bad mom sometimes not baking cookies and things but I don't do it for that reason. If I cook it, smell it, see it, know it's here I'll eat it. My son now hides brownines when daddy buys them for me. It sounds bad but if I don't know where they are, I won't obsess about them. Core is a great way to wean your way off of the sugar without the hardcore cravings.