Tuesday, March 25, 2008

so that's how I did it!!!

For the past few months I have really struggled with losing the 7 pounds I gained over Christmas. The scale has just creeped up .2 or .4 until now I really would like to lose 8 pounds. I have struggled with thinking, "how did I ever LIVE on 23 points a day?" I am always starving in the afternoon and have used way too many points in that time period. Sure I don't eat a lot of dinner, but I am still over for the day.

But yesterday I seemed to remember how I lost more than 30 pounds using 23 points a day and snacked in the afternoon. VEGETABLES!!! I was hungry around 2:30 so I grabbed the leftover asparagus from Easter and ate that. Then I munched on cherry tomatoes while I was baking bread and a cake (which is really a quick bread baked in a rectangle and not sweet at all). Then while I made dinner, I grabbed the cucumber sunomo from the fridge and gobbled up the rest of that.

Three servings of veggies, 0 points, and quite filling. And I also drank about 32 ounces of water while I was eating all that.

OooooOOOOooooooooHHH yeah!!! That's how I lost weight before. When I was hungry I drank water and ate vegetables instead of diet Coke and peanut butter banana chocolate chip bread (yes, it's really yummy!)

Maybe I can lose those 8 pounds again! And I have realized that I totally have to get back to walking. I'm not a huge exerciser at all. I really took my morning walk just for the time alone in my head, but my butt is not so tight now and my thighs and calves are more jiggly. Walking will just help me get firmer again. And give me a little time alone. *sigh*

Easter wasn't bad. I got a purse and a knitting book in my basket. D got good chocolates like a Dove solid dark chocolate bunny. I got into the kiddos stuff a little in the afternoon, but I tracked it and moved away from the chocolate. I know it's there if I want a little nibble, but I don't have to gorge myself on it because last I checked, there was no chocolate shortage in the Denver metro area! :~) I can have chocolate any time I want, so I DON'T have to pig out today...or tomorrow or the next day.

How are you faring these days?

7 comments:

Kathy said...

Vegetables! The dieter's secret weapon and the first thing we've forgotten when the weight starts going upward! I'm so proud of you!

I'm busy ridding the house of all the things we don't normally eat that we had for our guests: bagels, sandwich buns and bread, 2% milk, ice cream, left-over side dishes. Trying to eat small amounts of these and replacing them with the healthy stuff again.

Kate said...

I love love love the sense of enthusiasm back in your writing...nice to have you back! I knew along you could do it, just glad you know it now!

The Price's Wife said...

Well, I'm right there with you, once again... Just realizing how far I've slipped from the habits that lost 40 pounds... Time to start stocking the house with healthy foods and cooking again!

Carolyn said...

YAY Veggies!
I know you can do this, YOU know you can do this. You did it before and look how fantastic you felt right?
You'll feel sooo much better once you are back on track and those 8 lbs will come off in no time. Isn't it ridiculous that we are still struggling with weight that we gaines 3 months ago? All for a few weeks of Christmas madness??

TB--Milwaukee said...

It's that old saying: I didn't get fat eating carrots or any other veggie!

Caroline said...

I'm so glad you're back. I sure hope your enthusiasm rubs off on me. I could sure use it!

anna said...

yes you can! yes you can!! good for you! i need to follow your example...and snack on veggies when i'm feeling snackky at night.