Thursday, March 20, 2008

shopping

It's been a few months since I had the opportunity to look for new clothes and try them on. Easter is coming though, you know.

So I have been trying a few things on the last couple of days. Today I saw a cute pair of drawstring pants on the clearance rack. There was only Large left. I know I wear a Medium, but I thought I would try the Larges on. They were pretty roomy, but I could tighten the drawstring enough so that they fit. I almost got them. Almost. Then I thought of what my friend Kathy blogged about the other day. When our clothes give us room to gain a little, we take full advantage! So I didn't get pants that I could grow into.

I did get a size 8 skirt instead. It's a little tight in the middle. Like I can see every one of those 7 pounds I have gained!!! But then again I didn't really have on the right undies, so I'm hoping that I'll look a little better on Sunday morning.

It really was quite motivating to look at the body I have after spending the winter not getting in my walks and not ever getting off my holiday weight gain. I have a couple of good days, then a few bad. Last week D and I both had birthdays so I just was fighting up hill all week. I have to remind myself that it's not all or nothing. Even though I am not happy with how I look right now, I am still in size 10 jeans. Sure they are a little tight, but there is no way I would fit into the size 18's from not too long ago. I need to lose 7 pounds. I will. I know I will.

3 comments:

Kate said...

I know you will too! I have faith in ya girlie! I've got about 7 to lose myself....We can be fat fighting partners!

TB--Milwaukee said...

I must have missed that advice the other day. Makes total sense not to buy something "roomy," but I am guilty of it myself.

Hoping maintenance gets easier with time.

Kathy said...

Why does seven pounds seem so hard after losing so many before? I do the same thing! And I just keep letting life get in the way and give me an excuse to not follow my normal plan.

Good for you not getting those loose pants! And have a good weekend!