Tuesday, January 29, 2008

why did I do that?

Last night after dinner the kids were having ice cream to celebrate Aleena's birthday. I served them all a bowl but didn't make one for me. I didn't need to eat ice cream after all!

Instead of having a sensible portion, I just sat there picking out of the cartons while I talked to them. Instead of having a "portion" I just picked. And ate a LOT of ice cream in the process.

Why did I do that?!?!?!?!?!?!

On to today. Today is Clay,my middle son's, 9th birthday. This morning I made him a triple batch of his favorite banana chocolate chip muffins. One batch for the family and the other 2 batches to take to school for snack. Aleena was proud of me for using granulated sugar and unbleached flour instead of sucanat and freshly milled whole grain flour! Wouldn't want to embarrass my children by making them take healthy food to school. Then again, these muffins are pretty healthy. They are interesting to me because the recipe is 30 years old and not quite what I would find today. You can read more about that here.

But I ate 2 of the muffins. Does it count as a whole muffin if Kelli takes a few bites and then deems it "gwoss"? Then she did the same thing 10 minutes later! I took it upon myself to finish them off for her. Not a great moment since I just gobbled them down. No "thinking first" for me! I really want to salvage this day and this week on the WW front. I know how easy it is to have a bad day and just let that keep going until I have gained 10 pounds. That's not an option.

For dinner tonight it's spaghetti and meatballs. Yes, it's what my 9 year old picked for his birthday dinner. This time I'll be more proactive and make a big salad too. There will be ice cream tonight too. And I think I will make some of Kate's chocolate chocolate chip muffins to go with them. Then I can plan on a 4 point dessert and plan my day around that. Instead of just picking at the ice cream and going overboard.

Gotta go change a poop! And scrub the floors and do laundry. Don't you just wish you were ME???

5 comments:

Kathy said...

That sounds like a good plan for this evening! Happy birthday to the kids!

Kate said...

Sounds like you have a great plan. Like you said it's so important to not let a bad couple days turn into a bad week, into a bad month and so on. Start now, take control now, get back on track now!

TB--Milwaukee said...

Hard to stop the snowball effect. If you're having a bad day, stop! Life gets in the way sometimes. I definitely can relate to the not measuring a portion of ice cream as I've been grabbing small handfuls of my wife's M&M's. Unfortunately, my small handfuls are getting bigger and bigger.

The Price's Wife said...

You make it all sound so glamorous!

anna said...

your life sounds like my life! and later on i will be slipping into my formal gown to hit the red carpet! okay, well, i might put on my night gown to clean the spit up off the carpet!

what a good mamma you are! making all the special foods for birties! can i have your choc choc chip muffin recipe? cuz you know me and my baked goods!! for real tho-pls email it to me: annagr8@aol.com

love ya!