Monday, January 28, 2008

slippery slope

I can't believe I haven't been here in over a week. Well actually I was messing around the 2 littles the other night and we put a pic in the side bar. But other than that I have been busy!

And I haven't been journalling like I should either. Mainly just yesterday and today. Today is my oldest daughter's 12th birthday. I can't believe she is 12 already! But I made her a Dutch baby for breakfast this morning and then ate way too much of it. The rest of the morning was fine. And afternoon has been OK. I just feel like I am not staying super accountable to WW right now.

Maybe because I totally skipped my meeting on Saturday? My hubby decided to not work that day (he's started doing construction type work that is much more physically demanding-and pays better!) and I decided to stay in bed as long as possible too. I've been getting up between 5:30 and 6 each day so it felt sooo amazing to stay in bed til after 8. But maybe without that check in and then the lack of blogging I feel just a little off.

A couple of NSV's to share:

last week in a moment of stress, I stopped at a gas station to get a diet Coke. I bought the 2 littles with me some cookies and I bought myself some peanut butter M&M's. I didn't eat the M&M's. Instead I ate a muffin leftover from lunch (homemade oatmeal muffin=3pts) and gave the M&M's to my oldest when she got home from middle school!

I have been eating too much for breakfast. Like 8 points worth of waffles or toast and the like. I eat my lunch around 11:30 and then a big snack in the afternoon. By dinner I have just a few points left. But guess what? I'm not really hungry so just eat a little dinner. Imagine that! Listening to my body when it knows it's had enough calories for the day.

I'll try to post more this week since even this little one has made me feel better!

Happy Monday...and happy birthday dear Aleena!

8 comments:

WWSuzi said...

Can i ask what a dutch baby is??

Kathy said...

Trying to decide what will be normal and acceptable in maintenance must be a challenge.

Sarah said...

I have the same issues with breakfast lately, except I don't end up eating the little suppers. It was 3pm today and I only had .5 pts left. Sad :(

TB--Milwaukee said...

I've been finding myself eating WAY too much earlier in the day. I've been eating more unhealthy snacks again at work and need to nip it before it gets out of hand.

I talked to the WW recruiter last night. They are actually looking for someone to help out at my regular meeting, so I may be working for WW sooner than I expected. I'll need the extra cash as a new kitchen will not be cheap.

noelle said...

Suzy, a dutch baby is an oven puff pancake. Not a lot of sugar in it, but melted butter goes into the pan then a blended mixture of eggs, milk and flour. we serve it with lemon juice and powdered sugar.

Kate said...

glad to see you back around! I miss you when your not posting.

Sounds like your getting the hang of maintenance, eating when your hungry, etc, good job! We're all gonna have a day or two once in awhile that we are "off"! Don't sweat it.

Carolyn said...

I really need to start spreading my points out a ot better. I find I'[m left with 12 points or more when supper rolls around. I don't think I'm giving my body the energy it needs during the day so thanks for the reminder.

Skipping on the M&Ms is a big deal! congrats! It's so hard to resist them, especially when you already have them in your hand. But did't you just feel on top of the world afterwards??

anna said...

seriously! you are awesome! eating BIG in the morning and lite at night is the BEST!! i wish i could do that more often. i am usually all screwed up and starving by dinner.

oh, and i TOTALLY "get" that diet coke stop! gotta have it!! i usually don't get water until bed time...then i think, "have i had any water today? no. better guzzle."

and happy birthday aleena! what a cool name!!

WOW! 6 kids! and you even have time to blog-- you rock!!