Monday, February 4, 2008

meeting but no WI

I went to my meeting on Saturday morning. How sad is it that I saw my leader walking in the parking lot before I got out of the car and thought evil thoughts about her?! Inside I asked if she had received the FAX from my doctor's office. She said, no, but it's not big deal...we'll get it when it gets here. *big smile*

Oh, yeah....SHE doesn't actually think I'm fat. In fact she thinks it great that I have chosen to take care of myself after more than a decade of gestating and lactating. Oh, yeah...

I decided that I won't hide from WW anymore. Screw it! I'm putting my fat little self on that scale Saturday morning. What are they going to do to me? Publicly humiliate me? Take away my keychain stuff? Call me a failure in front of the rest of the people there?

Nope! They will just take my money if I am above that limit of 157. Whatever...

By the way, I feel like I should tell you all that even though I feel like I'm not doing the WW thing very well lately, I have maintained a weight of 157.? to 158.? this entire time. Last week I even saw 155.? on my morning ritualistic weigh in at home. So I'm not like gaining a pound a week or anything. I'm actually MAINTAINING my weight. Just a higher number than WW wants me to be...and really about 5 pounds more than I want to be too.

My weekend was fun. I even found my inner skinny girl again. We went to dinner on Saturday night to celebrate the birthdays that happened last week. I had been running around all day. I was hungry and thirsty! I ordered a glass of water no ice (so I could slurp it down) and then looked at the menu. I really wanted veggies. I think the combo of being hungry and really thirsty was making me want something healthy. We were at a local brewery/restaurant (with $1 kids meals-HELLO!) so you can guess what the food was like. I thought about a chicken sandwhich. I thought about a salad. I got a bowl of soup and a dinner salad. I also ate one of Kelli and Jack E's mini corn dogs, a couple bites of Emma's fish and about 1/6 of one of the 2 mile high mud pies the server brought to us for the birthdays.

I was totally full and satisfied. I really felt like I had indulged but made good choices. The skinny girl was back. And I watched my 10 yo son eat a monte cristo, a ton of fries and split a mud pie with his brother. He's one of the skinny people in this house, and I am constantly amazed at the amount of food he can pack away!

I'll be updating more on my mama blog later. You can read more about our fun weekend there!

5 comments:

Kate said...

YUM! A monte cristo, god it's been forever since I even seen one of those...I miss fried food like that on occasion.

Good job for going to weight watchers, and good job for your plans to weigh in next week. Both of those are important steps. I know in no time you will be back to your personal goal, and you'll be a happy little weight watcher. We all get off track occasionally, the important part is just getting back on track once it's time.

Swizzlepop said...

Good for you for going back to your meeting! You're right, they can't do any of hte things you mentioned other than take your money. Keep up the great work maintaining and you may even surprise yourselfe with more losses over time.
Sounds like you had a fun weekend and made great choices despite what you had to choose from. :)

TB--Milwaukee said...

I'm sure that's a big reason they want a doctor's note. MONEY!!

The Price's Wife said...

Way to go! It sounds like you did great at dinner... Don't ever let yourself forget how far you've come lady! Maybe you need to pull out some old fat pictures so you can see the AMAZING difference!!!

L said...

I just keep making excuses to not go to meetings. Haha, I love how you had evil thought of your leader. In the end, you need to be happy with your weight. . .no matter what WW tells you. Hope you're staying warm!