Saturday, June 16, 2007

getting closer all the time

I can't believe I lost another pound!!!

This hasn't been the greatest week as far as what I've eaten. I have "over done it" a few too many times, but I have tried to just not eat as much in the middle of the day and really make sure I get my water. It worked!!!

D and I had a great time away for a couple of days. We were definitely on the budget trip this time. We were in a borrowed cabin, and we did all our own cooking. The good thing about that is that I had much more control over what I ate...which I think is why I still had a loss. We even bought a half gallon of ice cream on our anniversary to eat while we watched a movie. We each had a big bowl....OK, mine was a HUGE bowl. But I counted it in my daily points (actually flex points!!!). And honestly, I don't think that huge bowl of ice cream was any more point-wise than a big ol' restaurant dessert would have been. That's what I love about eating in. I end up consuming less points that way, I thiink. Even when I eat filet mignon (we brought from home...we bought a quarter of beef last year so we've got some good stuff!), baked potato and salad.

I have changed how I've structured my days lately too. I always would have a big lunch, with sandwich, pretzels, veggies, and fruit that cost me about 7-9 points. I have been eating less in the middle of the day and find that I am still doing fine as far as not pigging out later. I think I'll go back to posting my menu this week so you can see what I am eating...becuase I know you are all DYING to know what I eat!!! LOLOLOL

Happy weekend all! We are having a brew party this afternoon. D is teaching some guys how to brew beer at home. And there will be plenty of "beer food" around too. I'm making hot wings and BBQ meatballs...a friend is bringing brats. And I'm sure there will be plenty of beer drinking going on as well! That's not my thing at all, thankfully!

4 comments:

Kate said...

I'm glad to hear you had an awesome getaway for your anniversary.

I also love eating and home and cooking, just because I feel like I get more for my points. Plus, I can control what goes into it.

And YUM brats, those would be a major problem for me! The beer I could pass on! Hope you had a great one!

Kathy said...

I'm not into beer, either, but all those things that qualify as "bar food" are delish and evil...evil...evil. Batter it and fry it and have a bowl of something cool and creamy to dip it in and it'll drive you crazy.
Congrats on the weight loss!

L said...

I hope you had a fun party. I would gain all my weight back if I went to a party with wings, beer, & meatballs.

Great job on losing weight! Glad you had a nice trip. :)

Kathy said...

Hey, Noelle...tag, you're it. Go to my site if you want to play.