Saturday, May 31, 2008

back in the club

It's really kind of silly, but I was SOOOOO relieved this morning to have a weigh in that was in my "weight watcher's lifetime goal range". I mean I have maintained within the same 5 pounds or so for most of the past 8 months, but being officially thin enough with WW really did make me feel good today.

I guess it's because after all that work and time and money paid to them, I could sit there and enjoy it all without paying them any more! So today, my official WW weigh in was 155.6, 3 pounds less than the last time I was there. YEAH!

Still not tracking but just doing what I know I should. And I weigh myself every morning. And I guess like my thin friends I know that if I have a lot one day, I should take it easy the next day. Astounding that one, isn't it? Not to just feed like there's not another meal in sight for days?!

My dad brought us my favorite amazing chip dip when he was here last week. I love the stuff. As a toddler I would eat it with a spoon. I can go crazy with the stuff. Three years ago he brought us a big supply. I was preggers with Jack E at the time and used that as an excuse to eat all I wanted. I gained 9 pounds that month. oops!

I have been having a little most days this week, but decided on Wednesday to save the rest for the weekend. So later today, I am having chips and dip! whoo-hoo!

I went for a morning walk yesterday. It was nice to get out and listen to music and be alone for a while. I need to do that more especially since...

I bought a new swimsuit on Thursday before I took the kids to the pool. I just ran into Target and tried on a few. The one I got was on the clearance rack for $13.74 which is why I ultimately got it I guess. It looks OK on me. I realized that I need more support on top than most of the little tankini's at Target are going to give me, but since we don't really have money for mama to get an awesome swimsuit, I'll deal with this one. It's got gathers in the tummy and it's white with big red roses and green leaves all over it. I guess it is pretty flattering in some ways. It's just that gravity and time and 6 pregnancies have taken their toll on this body, so how amazing will I look without some surgical intervention? Or actually working out a little? LOL

So I'm trying to get back into my walking thing. At least then my legs aren't as jiggly and my rear end has a little lift to it!

Then again, who is really checking out the 38 year old woman who walks into the pool with 6 kids in tow and lunches and drinks and snacks and floaties and enough beach towels for everyone to dry off and keep the car dry on the way home? Yeah, I'm a catch! LOL

6 comments:

Kate said...

Congrats on the weigh in, and being within your maintenance range, sounds like you're finally getting your grip on this, isn't it nice that it feels like something you can do for a lifetime?

Kathy said...

Oh, you'd be surprised how many guys would think you are still a "hot Mama"!!!

My younger daughter said she bought a new dress the other day and one of her 6 year-old triplets told her she looked "Hot"!!! Are they born with these vocabularies now???

You are awesome...congrats on being one of the WW "in-crowd"!

TB--Milwaukee said...

It sure is nice not having to pay to attend those meetings...even nicer to get paid to go ;)

The Price's Wife said...

I know, I can hardly go out in public in a swimming suit without having to beat the men off with a stick. I'm equally as hot. Motherhood is a beautiful thing, isn't it?

Kathy said...

You have been able to meet and maintain your goal...I'm sooooo proud of you! I'm in a rut! So I've attacked that frog and have a 30 day plan in place now! I needed that!

Erin said...

That is awesome!!! I know you've worked really hard to get and stay there.

Have a great week!