Tuesday, June 3, 2008

were your ears burning?

This morning when I got up to make hubby's lunch and coffee, I switched on the radio to my my favorite morning show. They were discussing blogs and blogging and bloggers. More really about tell all blogs and when close friends are invited to read them. They asked for listeners to call in and tell about their blogging experiences.

So were your ears burning?! I called in to say what a great thing a blog can be in the life of someone losing weight. We can share our daily menus, how we dealt with a hard food situation, the shamefilled binge we had last night, and ask for advice or encouragement when we really need it. So even though you aren't my IRL friends, know that you are all apart of the success I have had in going from a size 18 chubby mama to a size 10 much happier mama!

I had a little epiphany yesterday, too. I was in a gas station getting a diet Coke (eat your heart out Becky! I saw a younger girl in there (she was in her early 20's I guess) that had on a little skirt and t-shirt. I could see that her skirt was tight and she had a total muffin top through her shirt. Kind of that roll-y look. I had on 2 layered tanks and little khaki capris (size M) and DIDN'T have a muffin top at all. Yes, I know I should be working out more and haven't been as diligent with food as I should be. But I realized that I was thinner than this younger girl. I don't usually find myself thinner than anyone other than the very obviously overweight and I felt good to realize that I am in the middle now. I'm not skinny. But I don't think someone would look at me and say I was overweight anymore. At least I hope not.

10 comments:

Kathy said...

Being average is such a sweet thing, huh? No longer remarkable...just another healthy looking Mama!

MaryFran said...

YEAH! Yes, it's a good feeling to look at other people and realize that you are smaller than them! Congrats!

Unknown said...

WooHoo for showing up the younger girls! Some people may frown on that but I spent most of my life being made fun of by the thin, cute crowd so I love every minute of being healthy and beautiful. I will never have a 20 year old body....too much lost and now a baby - I'd be kidding myself. But before being pregnant I could run with the best of them!

Strut your stuff and be proud of all that you have accomplished!

Kathy said...

Dinah and I have a lot more time to fiddle with food than you do! And you need no help from us, Miss Lifetimer!!! lol

Pancake said...

That is AWESOME!!! I am trying to get down a few sizes again! I am surprised though by all the young ones with muffin tops!

And the blogging thing, I have a friend that has a secret life blog, and OMG if her kids only knew!

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

Kathy said...

Noelle...I left out the fact that this was the same summer I tried smoking for the first and last time! I bought a pack of Kool menthols...don't laugh!...and lit up on my way to work at the doctor's office. I hadn't eaten anything since I had no appetite from the diet pills and I immediately became sick as a dog! The best thing that could have happened cause that was my first and last cigarette! Someone was definitely looking out for me cause I have no doubt I would have easily become a chain smoker!

Natalie said...

great job on looking better than the 20 something and knowing it!!! that has to feel great...i can't wait to feel that way!

oh and great job at reaching your lifetime range! i am almost to my second 10%...then i will get to set goal.

Amber said...

What an awesome feeling for sure to be skinnier than the younger crowd:)

Colette said...

Noelle
Come out come out where ever you are!!!

Roni said...

Man! I wish I saw that blogger piece!

And you sound content with yourself and that's such a nice place. :~)