Thursday, May 29, 2008

hanging in and keeping on

We have survived our week of ICK! I just found out last night that the little dog was adopted out by this organization. In fact her picture is the last one listed on the Happy Endings page. I was surprised how hard it was for me to let that dog go. And I was also surprised by how excited I was to know that she had found a new happy home.

Then last week was the last week of school. Preschool program one night, elementary band concert one night, oldest daughter home from middle school sick one day (but recovered in time for her last day of school at the local amusement park!), and oldest son had his Fifth Grade continuation ceremony. My dad and step-mom drove into town for that and stayed for the holiday weekend. And my little sister and her boyfriend came into town Saturday to stay the weekend too. It was good to just hang out with family and relax.

We are now in summer mode whatever that means. I'm trying to keep on top of the kids to help out more with daily chores since they are here and sitting around so much. And I'm trying to keep track of all the kids' whereabouts too. Who is riding bikes and who is with a friend and who is going somewhere later. All that. And Aleena has started babysitting. She has a 2 day/week thing going right now as a mother's helper/nanny. And she is also babysitting for my friend's kids next Tuesday night. Very exciting for her. A little nerve wracking for me. And another schedule to keep track of.

On the WW front, I am doing fine. I'm not tracking at all. I'm not counting points at all. I'm not following CORE like I was either. I realized that after the first couple of weeks I would grab a CORE food for a snack whether or not I was really hungry. So I was getting back to recreational eating. I have just been trying to do what I know I should.

And I am seeing a little bit of a loss anyway. I have gone from 157.4-160.4 for my daily weigh in range to 156.0-158.4 for my daily range. So that's feeling good. And like this really is my "lifestyle change" I have been looking for. Life has been crazy and I am going to officially weigh in on Saturday. And I won't have to pay them this time!!!

I need to get to my laundry this morning. And I have to find swim stuff for everybody since I've promised the kids a trip to our friends' neighborhood pool. I HAVE to get a new swimsuit this summer. Last summer I just dealt with wearing the old one. And it's a size 18...from the summer I was barely preggers with kid number 3. I started that pregnancy at nearly 200 pounds. That suit is quite roomy on me now THANK GOD!!! But the idea of buying a new suit is slightly terrifying! Any advice?

4 comments:

Kathy said...

A long hot summer and six kids to keep entertained, fed, and clothed! What are you going to do with your spare time?

Kate said...

Sounds like your doing great Noelle! Maybe running around after all those little ones is causing Weight Loss huh?

TB--Milwaukee said...

Glad to hear you're still hanging in there. Thankfully our summer doesn't start for another 2 weeks. That means we can have baby and get adjusted before summer.

Erin said...

I can't imagine the madness that comes along with your life and how you still manage to eat healthier. It's amazing. Good luck.