Monday, November 10, 2008

any body seen my wagon?

I feel like I am sooooo far off plan these days. I haven't really been following a plan per se for quite a while, but I was eating well none the less. I would gain a pound or two and take it back off. Staying in a range I felt comfortable with. Then Halloween came.

I did really well not dipping into the candy before hand. And we decided to let the kids indulge as much as they wanted for the weekend. We've never done that before. We've given a few pieces here and there and kept the candy around forever. This time we told them to eat all they wanted on Halloween night and Saturday and we'd throw it all away on Sunday. The kids were ready for "real food" on Saturday night. They'd had their fill.

I followed suit. I had NO candy until they started in on theirs. Then I ate too many. And Saturday morning I had candy for breakfast and snack and lunch and ICK! I had my fill too and am really ready to be done with that, but I have been making poor snack choices since then. Bread and butter instead of fruit and veggies. Mindlessly eating out of the cereal box. It doesn't matter that it's corn flakes. Half a box is half a box!

So today I am finding my way back to my WW ways. I don't want to track. I don't want to follow all the rules, but I know I need to for a while. I'll feel better and I'll be in a good place going into the holidays instead of feeling out of control.

I'll be back to let you know how I'm doing.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

I read the other day that an ideal dinner is "lean and green"...lean protein and vegetables. That's my goal. No limit on fruits and vegetables, a couple of whole grains a day, and lean protein. Hey! That's Core!!!

Kathy said...

I read the other day that an ideal dinner is "lean and green"...lean protein and vegetables. That's my goal. No limit on fruits and vegetables, a couple of whole grains a day, and lean protein. Hey! That's Core!!!

carla said...

Im no where near perfect during the day (let me reiterate that :) NO WHERE) but do try and attempt the lean & green dinners...it usually helps me NOT to eat postdinnercandy.
just my .02...

Miz.

TB--Milwaukee said...

Good for you for catching yourself before the holidays. FYI: WW launches it's new materials in early December and there are changes ;)